Message To All Coaches From the League President
We have a few reminders for you to get to all coaches:
- Please follow the Mass Youth Soccer Coaches' Code of Conduct.
- No matter how many coaches are listed on the roster only 3 can be on the side line during a game.
- Every coach on the side line needs to be wearing the CORI ID. This needs to be visible at all times.
- Bring 2 rosters to every game with the shirt numbers on the roster.
- We are giving our new rosters a try in the Fall and hope to have them in full use in the Spring.
*** Please print the roster with pictures. We know the pictures need to be larger
and we are working it. Also, we understand that only the coach’s
picture is required in the Fall but both coaches and players will need
pictures in the Spring.
*** If you use the new roster the coaches’ card isn’t needed everything is on the roster. (Yes, you still need the CORI ID)
- If you cancel a game for this coming weekend remember the rule is you have
2 weeks to start the reschedule process and must play the game within 4
weeks. If this is not done your town may be charged a forfeit and the
game may not be played. Remember it gets dark earlier in Oct.
- Have your coaches get their scores in and evaluate the refs.
- Oh yes - and have fun
MAYS Goal Differential Rule
Coaches, please do not forget the rule on goal differential as stated in the MAYS League By-Laws:
"Any team that has a differential score of 8 or more goals will receive a warning for the first offense. Second offense will result in the coach being suspended for one game and the town will be fined $150. Next occurrence will result in the coach being suspended for eight(8) games and the town will be fined $150."
SoccerPlus Education Center - The Skills Challenge Pyramids